- Improve your marketing skills.
Write a pitch for your current job.
Write a tourist guide to your home town.
- Listen to a conversation in a language you don’t understand and try to imagine what it might be about.
- Remember five things you did last week.
- Cloud zoo!
Look up at the sky and find the animals.
- Practise this simple meditation technique
Concentrate on your breathing, the rise and fall of your chest.
Pick a word or a phrase to keep in the forefront of your mind.
Whenever your thoughts drift, bring them back to the phrase.
Let your emotions flow by, and simply watch them as they pass.
- Take a moment to read this lovely poem
He wishes for the cloths of heaven
Had I the heaven’s embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
(William Butler Yeats)
- If you had to give up any of the below for a month, how would you cope?
- Write a loving letter to someone you care for.
- Close your eyes and travel in your mind to a Caribbean island
…what sounds can you hear?
- Write down a shortlist of names you wish you had been called.
Could having a different name have changed your life?
- Make a compliment to someone.
- Look at the people around you and imagine the lives they may be leading.
- Write down a bedtime story.
Once upon time…
- Spare a moment to think about the first person you kissed.
- Think of three things you would take to a desert island.
- Try to remember all the lyrics from your favourite pop song.
- Make a list of your ten favourite songs: